By definition — Biopower is the use of biomass to generate electricity, or heat and steam required for the operation of a refinery. Biopower system technologies include direct-firing, cofiring, gasification, pyrolysis, and anaerobic digestion. Most power plants use direct-fired systems. They burn biomass feedstock directly to produce steam. This steam drives a turbine, which turns a generator that converts the power into electricity. In some biomass industries, the spent steam from the power plant is also used for manufacturing processes or to heat buildings. Such combined heat and power systems greatly increase overall energy efficiency. Paper mills, the largest current producers of biomass power, generate electricity or process heat as part of the process for recovering pulping chemicals.
In liquid biomass storage, Tank Connection provides the best anaerobic digester design available in the industry today…worldwide. Tank Connection is also an industry leader of dry biomass storage applications. In dry biomass storage the leading unloader is offered by Laidig, which is a flat bottom reclaimer utilized in steel storage silos, concrete domes and silos. Laidig Storage Systems, Inc. is a Tank Connection affiliate company.
Tank Connection is not only the leading supplier of storage tanks used in the power industry in North America, but we also lead the field in biomass storage applications. We know the specific requirements for each application and our storage system technology continues to lead the industry, as we deliver results on every project.
TC is the only tank supplier worldwide that offers all four types of steel storage tanks used in biomass storage systems. TC offers bolted RTP (rolled, tapered panel), field-weld, shop-weld and hybrid tank construction. For a complete integrated storage system including all auxiliary equipment, TC project management services are the best in the industry. We are recognized in the industry as the experts in bulk storage applications. We also specialize in all types of “material flow” discharge systems including functional mass flow, funnel flow, expanded flow, active/vibratory discharge and numerous configurations of fluidized hopper designs. In storage applications, we can minimize and eliminate the problems of yesterday by prescribing the right storage system to interface with an existing or new material handling system. We provide total turnkey responsibility supplied by one company.
In biomass applications, we provide the highest quality storage systems available worldwide. Our customer base includes the industry leaders in biomass technology and ALL the leading power utility companies in North America.
The Tank Connection Advantage in Biomass/Biopower Storage Applications:
- #1 bolted RTP (rolled, tapered panel) tank design offered worldwide
- The highest quality field-weld construction available in North America…meeting API 650 & API 620 requirements
- Best coating system available for dry bulk storage applications
- Top rated bottom reclaim unloader (Laidig Unloader) in the industry
- Top rated field construction process worldwide (silos are jacked from grade level using a proprietary synchronized jacking process)
- The leading team of experts in dry bulk storage applications (check out our employee profiles…over 2,100 years of combined industry experience)
- Competitive price leader in biomass storage tanks/silos/systems…worldwide
- TC specializes in functional mass flow discharge for specific materials
- Flat bottom storage available up to 2,000,000 cubic feet
- Tank Connection storage tank specifications can be downloaded within minutes from our website
- We can provide you with a storage tank or a complete "storage system" performance package including auxiliary equipment, fill and discharge equipment, foundations design and supply, weigh scales and automated controls
- We build biomass storage facilities worldwide through Alliance Constructors and are equipped for immediate mobilization with fully equipped self-contained shipping containers
- Both union and non-union field installation services are available
- We have the ability to cut your field installation timeframe in half contingent upon silo construction specified
- “Golden Rule” customer service on every project
- Total storage system performance guarantee provided by one company
When you are looking for biomass storage facilities, you can't buy a better system than Tank Connection!