We provide free consulting services over the phone or by email exchange. We will help guide you in developing the appropriate bid specifications in storing a particular product. We provide tank bid specifications that can be easily downloaded for your convenience. We are the experienced professionals in storing dry bulk materials and we back that experience with direct answers to your questions right over the phone.
We provide the following services:
- Tank design recommendations and specifications
- Auxiliary equipment specification development
- Recommendations on existing fill, discharge and process system designs
- Material flow problems and material flow testing — conducted through a Tank Connection affiliate
- Dust collection
- Discharge feeder selection
- Inventory management systems and weighing
- Specification development for specific flow types including funnel flow, mass flow, functional mass flow and expanded flow approaches
- We will advise and specify recommendations on active & passive flow control devices
- Complete specification development on tank appurtenances including walkways, stair towers, support structures, bucket elevators, penthouse enclosures, etc.
- Complete new system layout — mechanical and pneumatic
We provide tank design services specifying the appropriate codes and design parameters applicable to a particular stored material. Capabilities include: ASME, ASTM, AWWA D120, AWWA D100, 3A Dairy, BS 4994, API 620, API 650, API 12B, API Principles, AWWA D103-97, NFPA-22, NFPA-68, FM Approved, FM Principles, UBC, IBC, ASCE 7-98, AISC, OSHA, MSHA, etc. Local and state codes can be incorporated if specifically noted.
We will provide complete foundation loading (static and dynamic loads), allowing for the development of a properly designed foundation. Additionally, based on the foundation loads generated, The Tank Connection can provide you with a quote for foundation design based on a given set of conservative parameters. Once a soils report has been generated, the foundation design can be finalized and stamped by a PE from any state.
Structural Steel Design
Designed to meet your code requirements, we provide structural steel for all requirements. All structural shapes supplied conform to ASTM A36 and/or ASTM A992. We offer:
- Tank support structures — independent structures, common structures, 4 leg, 6 leg and eight leg support approaches
- Elevated equipment supports
- Pipe bridges
- Free-standing stair towers
- Enclosed building main frames
- Elevated building (penthouse) support frames located on top of a tank battery
- Walkways, maintenance and access platforms
- Truck drive through support structures
- Load cell — Tank support frames
- Misc. pneumatic and mechanical conveying supports
Custom Design Services
The Tank Connection offers custom designs routinely. Based on the customers requirements and the appropriate design codes, we can provide custom-built storage tanks, storage systems, mechanical systems, passive flow control devices, support structures and misc. steel supports. Additionally, all proposals from Tank Connection can be backed by design calculations and a PE stamp from any state in North America. Give us a try on your next project and let us exceed your expectations.